Unipol Group is the holding company of a group that operates in the insurance and banking sectors. It is listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 1990.
are exposed to floods
since 2013 onwards as a consequence
of extreme weather events
after a business interruption
longer than a week
following a natural disaster
increase in temperature
led to an increase in death
comprised between 15% and 55%
DERRIS is the first European project that involves the public administration and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to reduce the risks deriving from extreme weather events.
- DERRIS innovates the models of public-private partnerships between insurers, PA and businesses.
- DERRIS is carrying out a pilot project in the industrial urban districts of Turin, involving 30 SMEs.
- DERRIS provides training on risk assessment and risk management.
- DERRIS has set up a climate risk self-assessment tool for SMEs.
- DERRIS aims at preserving local territories and increasing their resilience.
- DERRIS analyses innovative financial instruments to fund climate change adaptation actions.